
...grab at things better and better everyday; some would say that my dexterity is improving day by day (now, if some of you wonder how I am able to use so many big words, it would be because I am a genius baby...I'll show you!). I love making a fist and grabbing at things with my palm. I can also show Mommy how my optical nerve is now fully developed; all she has to do it shine a flashlight onto her tummy and my head will turn toward the light. I have officially fully formed my fingerprints, toenails, and fingernails; Mommy will have to trim them when I am still little bitty because they are startingto grow longer and longer already! And you know what else, my spine is straightening out, so I will no longer look like a hunchback when Mommy and Daddy see me at the doctor's. My bones are fully hardened; no more flabby cartilige! To help protect my skin and regulate my body temperature, I am forming my vernix at a rapid pace (for those of you who don't know, that is a waxy substance that covers my whole body; it'll go away after birth). My nostrils are opening too! If I were to live in Northern Ireland (because that's where they did the most recent study), the doctors would say that I even have the capasity to prefer one scent over another (I rock!)! I can also swallow and breathe all by myself, actually it's just liquid that is going through, but I am practicing for the real thing!
Wow! I am definately up to more things now that I'm not an embryo, but a fetus! Next comes crawling, walking talking, college and the real world here I come! (but I know Mommy and Daddy aren't ready for that one yet!)
Uncle Karl should be proud...Mommy got my post done this week before 9am! She rocks too!!
No comments:
Post a Comment